Sunday, January 04, 2009

Sign of life

Happy New Year everybody!
I'm still here, doing fine. I just don't feel like blogging. Anyways, I want to share a post with you that I prepared in July... 2008. I can't believe how time flies!


Wow, I didn't realize it's been so long since my last post! The sale went quite well, most of the stuff is gone but there's some left. If you're interested, have a look at my last post and let me know.

There hasn't been too much knitting chez d.knit lately because I started a new job in June. It's a new challenge for me because it's in an area that I haven't worked before, but so far it's really great. I like the team, the environment (free café lattes!), and, of course, the work. Even the boring parts.
Well, back to knitting: I started Froot Loop socks and almost finished a secret project that I can't talk about on the blog yet. Other than that... I didn't do much. I packed up my glam cardigan in a plastic bag and put it in a box because I just couldn't bring myself to sewing and finishing it up. It's too warm to work with alpaca right now anyway, I think I'll postpone that until late summer or early fall. Sock knitting is perfect right now because we're in some sort of heat wave and socks are small enough.


P.S.: In the meantime, I haven't only finished Froot Loop socks, but also a pair of Nutkins and I almost finished Stefanie Japel's Back to School U-Neck Vest. There's more to see in my Ravelry profile... well, apart from photos. Didn't get around to take any.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Hi, D! Thanks so much for visiting me, it was so nice to see you stopped by! I wondered what happened to you... ;o) Glad you are alive and well, and had good close to 2008 with great new job. Sometimes life gets in the way, in a good sort of way too, and makes it hard to keep up with things--like blogging. But it's all good. Hope all continues to go well for you. Wishing all the best in 2009--much love, happiness and peace. :o)

Anonymous said...

good to "see" you again and good to hear your new job is working out so well! :)
I can't help but giggle, its nice and warm in your part of the world and our "high" for Friday is 2*F (about -16*C) bbbrrr!!
Here's wishin ya a happy 2009! :)