Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Winding balls

...must hurt. (Okay, that's my really bad joke for today. I'll be more serious now)
I have more and more yarn in hanks, and recently, I received a hell lot of cashmere yarn on cones (and I'm talking serious hell... like almost a kilo (that's more than 2 pounds!) per cone on 3 cones and more than half a kilo on 2 more cones. So, I reckon it's time to get a ball winder (or to have K give me one for Christmas). Now this is where YOU guys come in - can you recommend any brand? Anything that I (or K) should pay attention to when buying? Do you know any good places to buy them (well, obviously this would be done over the internet, as the local yarn shops don't sell anything like a ball winder because they don't sell yarn in hanks), or is amazon.com sufficient enough? Is a swift absolutely necessary, or can I do without, at least for a while? Any comment is appreciated, thanks! (well, unless it's spam)

3 comments:

projektleiterin said...

I got mine from here http://stores.ebay.de/Wolle-Hartmuth_W0QQssPageNameZstrkQ3amefsQ3amesstQQtZkm
a couple of months ago and it's still working fine. But be careful though, they will try to send you some really ugly yarn. Proof: http://projektleiterin.blogspot.com/2007/09/ugly-acrylic-yarn-to-give-away.html
Mine was blue, Victor's was golden. Resist! You have been warned. :D

Hilde C. said...

Thank you very much for the museum link. Internet is a wonderful thing :-)

Anonymous said...

if you have someone to act like a swift you can live with out one. (but be warned, the person holding the yarn and acting like the swift will have to move their arms fast and resist giggling!) I hope you had a lovely holiday! : )