Friday, June 01, 2007

Finally...

...I get to pick up the yarn for my Sockapalooza pal! I wanted a certain yarn (Zitron Trekking Pro Natura, with 25% real bamboo fiber) which I couldn't find in any yarn shop in Munich. Plus, I didn't want the variegated stuff because I'm planning on knitting a (lace) pattern, and in my opinion many nice patterns suck if they are knitted with variegated yarn as they become almost invisible. And only one online shop seemed to have single-colored skeins of the Pro Natura stuff, but their shipping fees drove me away. After all, I just wanted ONE skein of yarn!

Anyways, a few weeks ago I found Munich's best yarn shop (love it! More about the shop later), and even though the owner didn't stock the Pro Natura yarn (not even Zitron's sock yarn, although she stocks other yarns of this company), she offered to try and order some from some other shop. If she had to order from the yarn company directly, she would have to get a whole kilo (aka 10 skeins), which would be too much for her. But, in the past she "swapped" yarn with some other shop owner if her customers wanted yarn she didn't have in stock. Lucky me!
So, I'm going to pick up my yarn later; unfortunately, I can't take any pictures until the weekend is over as the camera is with K on the way to a friend's wedding. I have to stay home and work on my thesis (bloody thing), even though I would have loved to go to the wedding. Oh well... maybe this gives me time for some Saturday Night blogging.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, your favorite shop? i'll have to go see this one!!!

S. said...

sounds like my saturday night, too...

Anonymous said...

yay! I hope you get your yarn soon : )