Thursday, May 17, 2007

Stolen List

You've probably seen this list somewhere before, as it's doing its round on the interweb... but my last post was kinda meh and I don't really find the time to write a real, knitting-related post, so I thought I'd post this instead. As close to knitting as I can get these days! (I've been seaming the second sleeve on the K_sweater lately, and that doesn't really count as knitting). But I've decided to add comments to the list, I think that's a tad more interesting to read than just the list.

Anyways, I stole this list from the knitty professor; bold is for stuff you've done, italics for stuff you plan to do one day, and normal for stuff you're not planning on doing and red underneath you'll find my two cents. Here we go!

Afghan/Blanket (baby)
I-cord
I-cord rocks!
Garter stitch
oh come on, who hasn't done this?
Knitting with metal wire
sounds painful to me...
Shawl (wrap?)
where's the difference anyway?
Stockinette stitch
yeah, and next you'll ask me if I ever made a knit and a purl stitch
Socks: top-down
Socks: toe-up
just doing so
Knitting with camel yarn
I once smoked a Camel, does this count?
Mittens: Cuff-up
Mittens: Tip-down
Hat
Baby you can leave your hat on...
Knitting with silk
mmh... silk!
Moebius band knitting
Participating in a KAL
Sweater
Drop stitch patterns
I guess I did a few of those unintentionally when I learned to knit
Knitting with recycled/secondhand yarn
Slip stitch patterns
Knitting with banana fiber yarn
I prefer eating bananas
Domino knitting (modular knitting)
Twisted stitch patterns
Knitting with bamboo yarn
Two end knitting
I already forgot what this is, but it sounds interesting!
Charity knitting
I have to put it in the mail... should do that soon.
Knitting with soy yarn
Cardigan
yeah right... and then it didn't fit me. Gauge matters!
Toy/doll clothing
Knitting with circular needles
Knitting with your own handspun yarn
I don't spin. My head does sometimes, though
Slippers
Graffiti knitting (knitting items on, or to be left on the street)
Continental knitting
this is how we do it here
Designing knitted garments
Cable stitch patterns (incl. Aran)
love it... the more complicated, the better!
Lace patterns
see above
Publishing a knitting book
come on, who doesn't want to do this?!
Scarf
that's how I started
Teaching a child to knit
depends on the kid, I guess
American/English knitting (as opposed to continental)
nah... not really. (sorry guys!) Continental is way faster
Knitting to make money
sort of - I knitted some hats and got some money for it, but it wasn't much
Button holes
the cardigan had buttons
Knitting with alpaca
this is heaven! If I could afford it, I would always knit with alpaca
Fair Isle knitting
I have to be careful with my tension
Norwegian knitting
the first things I made after scarves and hats were Norwegian mittens
Dying with plant colors
dying in general, yes; doesn't HAVE to be plant colors though
Knitting items for a wedding
maybe for my own... but as this is still a long time from now, I'll have plenty of time
Household items (dishcloths, washcloths, tea cozies…)
I'd like to make a tea cozy, but I don't have a tea pot (yet)
Knitting socks (or other small tubular items) on two circulars
reminds me that I should get some more circulars
Olympic knitting
yes, I was one of the - how many people took part?
Knitting with someone else’s handspun yarn
Knitting with DPNs
Holiday related knitting
like Christmas-themed knitting???
Teaching a male how to knit
K was the lucky one... but I don't know how much he remembers
Bobbles
Knitting for a living
I'm not THAT crazy!
Knitting with cotton
That's nice in summer!
Knitting smocking
Dying yarn
I already have the yarn for this, hehe!
Steeks
that would be too much for my nerves!
Knitting art
isn't all knitting art?
Fulling/felting
Knitting with wool
the basics
Textured knitting
Kitchener BO
me likey!
Purses/bags
Knitting with beads
Swatching
Yeah! Gauge matters!
Long Tail CO
... also called German CO...
Entrelac
Knitting and purling backward
tink, tink, tink...
Machine knitting
I've been told that my knitted stuff looks like from a machine... but I'm not sure if this is a compliment
Knitting with self-patterning/self-striping/variegating yarn
who hasn't?
Stuffed toys
Baby items
instant gratification - they're so tiny!
Knitting with cashmere
does a cashmere mix count?
Darning
Knitting with synthetic yarn
Writing a pattern
isn't this the same as designing knitted garments?
Gloves
Intarsia
Knitting with linen
Knitting for preemies
definitely!
Tubular CO
Freeform knitting
Short rows
Cuffs/fingerless mitts/arm warmers
pulse warmers rock for cold hands!
Pillows
Knitting a pattern from an online knitting magazine
I love knitty!
Rug
Knitting on a loom
Thrummed knitting
Knitting a gift
...almost always...
Knitting for pets
Shrug/bolero/poncho
Knitting with dog/cat hair
???
Hair accessories
Knitting in public
Yep! Once or twice a week

1 comment:

Carola said...

Oops, I thought this list is never going to end. You have achived quite many things. woohoo garter stitch ;-) But seriously, it's quite a nice check list. Room for inspiration as well.