Thursday, February 15, 2007

Sleevey-sleeves

Yeah, I know it's boring, another meaningless progress shot, this time of a sleeve. I took this picture on Sunday already as K left for Melbourne early on Monday morning and he took the camera with him.



In the meantime I've been doing more sleeve-knitting and am almost done with sleeve #1. Right now I'm doing the shoulder shaping and should be done with the sleeve by tonight, or maybe tomorrow. My goal is to be done with sleeve #2 some time on the weekend, I hope I can do that! Then there's the usual blocking and seaming, and then I can knit on the turtle neck.


Okay, this closeup isn't too great, due to the stockinette stitch - you know what I mean. I wanted to do some fancy pictures, but all of a sudden it was Sunday afternoon and the lighting wasn't great any more, and I still hadn't taken my photos. So I thought, what the heck, I'll do it anyway.
On other news, K arrived safe and sound in Melbourne (the one in Australia, yep, that's the one on the other side of the globe. Unless you live there, because then pretty much anything else is on the other side of the world), it's stinking hot there right now (the forecast for the weekend is around 38° C/100°F), and they're on water restrictions - the water storage is 35% full. I so hope they're getting some serious rain real soon! Use your water wisely, folks - no matter where you live.

No comments: