Sunday, January 07, 2007

who cares for titles?


It's been a while since I last posted a picture. The one above is the Christmas tree at my parents' place, always decorated in the same style with real candles (my parents even used real candles when they lived in the US).
We didn't have any snow this year, but in the mornings there was lots of hoar frost, like on the apple below (when K and I took a walk, we passed the same apple tree as last time).


K's sweater is growing, I'm well into the front now. It's funny, knitting the back felt so slow, but the front feels much quicker.

The office is troubling me again, I got so angry before. To give you the background: After they fired me, I made appointments for my last few work days. My usual day in the office is on a Tuesday, and it's been tuesdays for about a year and a half, or even two years now. Every now and then I came in the office on a day other than Tuesday, depending on my schedule or if the company asked me to - just like this coming week, when I'm scheduled to work on Thursday as I need to go to Uni on Tuesday. Well, today I checked my office mails; there was one from my colleague asking when I was coming in the office next week (although I had told her personally, emailed her, and made her mark it in the calendar) and telling me that I needed to find another work day different from Tuesday, as the lady returning from baby break would be coming then. They hadn't told me this earlier, I only learned it from this email. Maybe you can imagine my anger... I was totally mad. Who do they think they are? I know my colleague didn't come up with this by herself but that our boss probably told her to tell me (this is his usual way. I'm probably too low for him to talk to me directly).
I'm wondering, why do they do this after we set my remaining work dates in early December?? Do they think I'm so stupid that I let them do everything what they want? Well, I basically let my colleague know that it's either the dates we set, or not. Which would mean that my last day is Thursday. Well, I'll know for sure on Monday, I guess.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, that is some frost! That is a lovely picture with the apple.
Hope everything works out at your work, ((hugs))

bockstark.knits said...

wow, REAL candles? never seen that before! very cool indeed!

Christine said...

Hey Dorothee,
Keep your chin up and don't let them get to you. You are a kind and loving person!

Elemmaciltur said...

You tell them who's the boss!